New Jersey Solar Installation Fact Sheet
UPS has installed a rooftop solar array at its Lakewood, New Jersey facility that will provide a significant portion of the building's peak energy needs.
- Lakewood, New Jersey
- 70,000 square foot small package center
- 22,000 packages per day
- 126 package cars
The Solar Panels
- The 250 kilowatt (kW) solar power system is expected to produce 270,000 kW hours of electricity annually.
- The facility is nearly 70,000 square feet and consists of 1,036 solar panels, or 62,160 individual cells installed on the roof.
- The system will provide nearly 30% of the building's annual energy needs.
- The 250 kW system is expected to produce roughly 270,000 kW hours of electricity annually.