Post Sales Logistics Backgrounder
At UPS, Reverse Logistics through advanced returns and repair management, efficiently place inventory back into global supply chains. A team of experienced, certified technicians and engineers coordinate processes, from transportation to tracking and closure of repair orders.
Core Services & Capabilities
- Parts Planning – Optimal parts planning helps reduce inventory levels, increase operational efficiencies and improve overall service. Our capabilities include site planning, multi-tiered excess inventory identification, demand forecasting, stock procurement, and optimal stock rebalancing, repair and replenishment.
- Service Parts Logistics/Critical Order Fulfillment – UPS maximizes the economic value of various parts that have been routed to, or returned, to the distribution center location. If the part is not defective and can be re-used, it will be stocked for future use. For time-sensitive parts, such as healthcare, our critical order fulfillment capability provides an alternative solution for customers.
- Returns Management - Specialized technology programs track and report performance metrics to help speed inventory flow, improve fill rates and improve overall customer service and relationships with customers.
- Technical Repair – Our Louisville Technology and Logistics Center features an ISO-certified repair facility within minutes of the UPS WorldportSM air hub. This unique end-of-runway advantage allows for expedited technical repair processing for the needs of our customers.
- Repair Operations Centers – Similar to the Louisville Technology and Logistics Center, these centers provide end-of-runway accessibility for quick and reliable turnaround. Technicians ensure expedited repair and can return the product to customers within 24 hours.
- Centralized Distribution Centers – These centers house parts specific to industry sectors and include fulfillment and distribution. Customers are provided with access and the convenience of handling various parts of the supply chain process within one location.
- Forward Stocking Locations (FSL) – Replacement parts are stored in warehouse locations away from the manufacturing factory for availability and accessibility to customers, field service support or personnel.