UPS Healthcare Industry Focus
UPS has deep expertise in the healthcare industry and provides a broad range of services and solutions to manage the entire healthcare supply chain. From small- to mid-sized businesses to large, global pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, UPS helps healthcare companies speed products to market; facilitate new product introductions; meet time-critical customer needs; ensure regulatory compliance; reduce inventory management costs; streamline ordering and billing processes; and maximize supply chain visibility.
Healthcare companies can take advantage of the following resources from UPS:
- People - Dedicated UPS Healthcare Logistics team that knows the healthcare industry, including Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs experts
- Network - Extensive global transportation and distribution network, including integrated global small package network, integrated North American less-than-truckload (LTL) and truckload (TL) networks and dedicated aircraft lift
- Facilities - More than five million square feet of cGMP- compliant, dedicated healthcare distribution space, with more than 30 facilities located around the world.
- Regulatory Expertise - Regulatory affairs group that maintains FDA, DEA and various state licenses to ensure compliance
- Solutions - Broad range of transportation, distribution and special services, such as temperature-sensitive and dry ice capabilities, specifically targeting the healthcare industry
- Technology - Industry-leading technology tools that provide around-the-clock monitoring for temperature-sensitive shipments as well as ongoing track-and-trace capabilities for all healthcare shipments
Order To CashSM:
UPS Order To Cash capabilities enable comprehensive management of the entire healthcare supply chain - from point of order entry to cash receipt. This includes functions such as resolving customer questions; handling return goods authorizations; accounts receivable processes such as invoicing, collections and financial reporting; and chargebacks processes. Customers can choose for UPS to manage portions of these processes or turn the entire supply chain function over to UPS.
Below are some quick facts on UPS¿s assets and presence in the healthcare industry:
- Certification as a Verified Accredited Wholesale Distributor (VAWD) by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- More than five million square feet of cGMP- compliant, dedicated healthcare distribution space, with more than 30 facilities located around the world.
- Temperature-sensitive storage and transportation capabilities
- Specialty shipment and clinical trials offerings
- Dry ice replenishment and refrigeration services
- Healthcare-dedicated IT system that exceeds FDA standards
- Medical device
- Medical and surgical supplies
- Over-the-Counter preparation
- Animal health
For more information on UPS healthcare solutions, visit ups.com/healthcare.