UPS My Choice Overview
UPS My Choicesm is a revolutionary new home delivery service that will enable busy consumers to conveniently control and manage their incoming package deliveries to fit their busy lifestyles. The new service will alleviate many consumer concerns related to shipping, including missing packages, worrying about packages left outside, trekking to a depot to retrieve missed packages, waiting all day for a package or counting on others to sign for a package.
With UPS My Choice, consumers will have online and mobile access to see their incoming UPS home deliveries, enabling them to actively choose delivery preferences, reroute shipments and adjust delivery locations and dates as needed. Additionally, consumers will be able to add special delivery instructions visible only to UPS.
UPS My Choice has two membership levels: UPS My Choice Member and UPS My Choice Premium Member. Members receive delivery alerts and can select to electronically release packages for free. For a $5 transactional fee, per package, members can also select delivery options (e.g., rerouting a package for delivery). UPS My Choice Premium members pay a $40 annual subscription fee. Premium Membership provides delivery alerts, a delivery planner, the ability to leave driver instructions and access to delivery options at no additional charge. There is a $5 transactional fee to select a two-hour delivery time frame. The $5 fee is paid upon successful delivery within the requested two-hour window.
No other competitor gives consumers this much flexibility with their shipments. UPS My Choice provides a powerful visibility dashboard from which the receiver (not the shipper) can set delivery alerts, electronically authorize the release of packages, get approximate delivery times, and reroute to any alternate address – all from a single, easy-to-use online location or their mobile phone. Our competitors do not provide this type of customer interface or home receiver control. Most competitor options require consumers to request delivery changes through their shipper and at the time the shipment is processed.
UPS My Choice is the extension of sophisticated logistics down to the individual consumer. It is the revolutionary next step in a technology drive that has transformed UPS's ability to control the flow of packages around the world. With UPS My Choice, the company has leveraged technology and our unique integrated network to introduce a level of self-service and choice to consumers never before seen in our industry.
UPS My Choice Capabilities
UPS My Choice is transforming the package delivery experience for residential customers.
- Delivery Alerts: UPS My Choice members will receive proactive notifications from UPS in the form of e-mails, text messages or phone calls letting the recipient know that their package is en-route and when it is expected to arrive. UPS will provide the best information available and when possible these alerts will include an approximate delivery time to help them more conveniently plan out their day. This will be especially useful around the holidays to help parents and loved ones keep holiday gift deliveries a secret.
- Confirmed Delivery Window: UPS My Choice Premium Members gain access to a two-hour, guaranteed delivery window for their package arrival.
- Delivery Instructions: Premium members can provide detailed instructions for the UPS driver on where to leave a package (e.g. Front Door, Rear Door, Side Door, Garage, Porch, Deck, Patio, Reception, Management Office, Door Person, Concierge, Superintendent, Shed), ensuring packages are left in a secure location or that holiday deliveries arrive discretely and high-value goods are not left in plain sight.
- Reschedule Delivery: Members may schedule packages to be delivered at a later date, in case they are going out of town, remodeling their home or simply won't be around that day.
- Deliver to Another Address: Members can have packages rerouted to a different address for delivery (i.e. office location; friend, family or neighbor's home; vacation home, etc.). This capability is ideal for going on vacation or ensuring holiday gifts remain secret.
- Deliver to a UPS Location: Members can reroute a package for pick up at The UPS Store® or the local UPS operating facility. For many, this may be a convenient stop on the way home from the office.
- Authorize Shipment Release: UPS My Choice Members may authorize the UPS driver to deliver a package without requiring a signature.