UPS Ocean Freight Services
UPS Ocean Freight Fast Facts:
- UPS is one of the world’s top 10 NVOCCs
- UPS handles more than 600,000 TEUs annually
- UPS provides detailed visibility of ocean freight shipments
- UPS has more than 80 years of collective experience with international trade management
- UPS is a certified Automated Manifest System (AMS) carrier and a Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) participant
- EDI connectivity with carriers globally
UPS offers a complete solution for ocean freight shippers doing business in the global marketplace. Operating as one of the world’s leading Non-Vessel Operating Common Carriers (NVOCCs), UPS provides comprehensive freight forwarding services to book cargo and arrange for pickup and delivery for shipments of any size from almost any origin, destination or carrier. With decades of experience, UPS navigates the entire forwarding process, including managing documentation requirements of import and export countries, while providing full visibility of ocean shipments to its customers from a single source.
UPS Ocean Freight Capabilities:
UPS can handle virtually any size ocean shipment, from less-than-container
loads to full container loads, special equipment and oversized cargo. Key
- Full Container Load (FCL): UPS NVOCC services provide frequent departures at competitive rates for FCL shipments from major ports around the world. Companies with FLC shipments can take advantage of UPS’s extensive network of carrier relationships, which provides access to frequent sailings, competitive rates and dedicated space in all major trade lanes.
- Less-Than-Container Load (LCL): For companies who don’t have enough volume to fill an entire container, UPS offers LCL service between major ports worldwide. This service offers customers space within a container that is shared with other customers’ goods to deliver economical usage-based costing, while providing FCL frequency, routing and visibility.
- UPS Trade DirectSM Ocean: With Trade Direct Ocean, companies can take advantage of the UPS network for port-to-door delivery of their shipments. Shippers can pre-label items as small package or palletized shipments. These shipments are then consolidated into ocean containers, and once they reach container freight stations, they are then deconsolidated into shipments, which can then go directly into the UPS ground network for final delivery without having to go through a distribution center.
UPS Ocean Freight Advantages:
UPS’s deep expertise in ocean freight and vast network of carrier relationships provides customers with numerous advantages, including:
- Service in all major markets around the globe
- Multiple weekly fixed-day sailings
- Global network of consolidation centers
- Cargo flows managed by regional gateways
- Reliable transit times and door-to-door service
- Advanced technology tools for maximum shipment visibility