Tamara Barker, Chief Sustainability Officer, Vice President of Environmental Affairs and Domestic Plant Engineering Request a speaker
Tamara Barker was appointed the company’s Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) and Vice President of Environmental Affairs in April 2016. In June 2017 she assumed additional responsibilities as Vice President of Domestic Plant Engineering.
As CSO, Barker leads an engineering team dedicated to managing global sustainability data for reporting. Her team oversees a cross-functional Sustainability Leadership Council that establishes key performance indicators and goals for the company. Barker also is a member of the Corporate Sustainability Steering Committee, which includes four executives from UPS‘s Management Committee, the top tier of the company’s management structure.
As Vice President of Environmental Affairs, Barker has responsibility for UPS’s Environmental Compliance programs, overseeing hazardous waste management and the transportation of hazardous materials.
As Vice President of Domestic Plant Engineering, Barker oversees UPS’s Plant Engineering function and is responsible for all US small package and freight facilities.
Barker, a 30-year UPS veteran, joined the company in 1988 as a UPS package delivery driver in Ohio. Before her current role, she served as the West Region Director of Plant Engineering.
Barker also is active in external sustainability initiatives including Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), Georgia Nature Conservancy Trustee, The Nature Conservancy and the Atlanta Sustainability Network.
Previous Speaking Engagements
- GreenBiz Forum 18: Lowering Your Fleet's Footprint with Renewable Natural Gas
- Sustainable Brands ‘17: The Rise of City-Brand Collaboration in Enabling the Good Life
- ProMat 2017: Building Supply Chain Sustainability for Competitive Advantage
- GreenBiz VERGE 17: Trends Shaping the Circular Economy: Logistics, Telematics and Fleet Design
- 2017 Sustainability & Circular Economy Summit: Innovation Blitz: Disruptive Enabling Technologies
- Article: “The Essential Role of Logistics in a Growing Circular Economy” (Just Means)
- Video: UPS delivers on sustainability with e-trikes and rolling labs
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.