UPS TradeAbility and Quantum View Manage Importers
UPS TradeAbility®, and Quantum ViewSM Manage Importers, are Web-based management tools that help international shippers better manage the customs clearance process for package shipments.
A MAJOR OPPORTUNITY - AND A DAUNTING CHALLENGE
By 2020 an estimated 85 percent of manufactured goods will be sold across borders. However, in today's environment, managing cross-border shipping is increasingly complicated and risky.
There is a bewildering array of rules, issued by more than 200 sovereign nations around the world, and the rules are in a constant state of change. The complexity of trade rules makes manual compliance processes slow, expensive and error prone, and the high cost has led some shippers not to sell internationally, eliminating one of their best opportunities for growth.
By helping international shippers improve regulatory compliance, reduce operating expenses, and streamline global supply chains, these services help transform cross-border shipping from a daunting challenge to a competitive advantage.
UPS TradeAbility helps international shippers quickly and easily identify harmonized tariff codes, generate landed cost estimates, and locate up-to-date compliance information.
TradeAbility tools are available on UPS.com or can be integrated into a customer's business applications or Web site using Web Services .
TradeAbility was the first UPS service to be made available via Web Services technology.
Key services include:
- Harmonizer: Quickly and accurately identify and apply a product's harmonized tariff code, used to describe goods for duty calculation, tariff assessments and documentation filings. This replaces a process that is often done manually requiring employees to physically search through many volumes of product codes.
- Landed Cost: Estimate the cost to move a shipment across borders, including duties, taxes, and transportation charges. Accurately estimating landed costs helps exporters provide shipping rates with all duties and taxes included at the time of order, speeding cash flow and reducing the number of refused shipments and returned products.
- Denied Party Screener: Search for restricted trading partners as defined by the United States government, as well as countries embargoed by the U.S.
- Import Compliance: Verify compliance of import shipments with country-specific trade regulations, procedures, tariffs, laws, and administrative rulings.
- Export License Detector: Proactively identify U.S. government export licensing requirements and exceptions.
- International Forms: Complete forms online or browse a library of online and downloadable documentation for both export and import shipments.
- Transaction History: Provides an audit trail for compliance checks and decrease potential penalties and fines. Customers can store and access detailed records of their TradeAbility transactions for reporting and compliance purposes. Transactions are available for 90 days, and customers also can download a single transaction or their entire transaction history for their permanent records.
UPS TradeAbility contains trade information for 50 countries/territories and is available on the local UPS.com in 31 countries/territories .
All TradeAbility Services are offered free of charge.
UPS QUANTUM VIEW MANAGE IMPORTERS
UPS Quantum View Manage Importers is a view within Quantum View Manage, UPS's popular visibility solution. The Importers view provides importers access to their UPS customs brokerage data and clearance document images as well as new tools to help facilitate customs clearance and compliance.
The tools help importers clear shipments, audit cleared shipments for correct classification, and efficiently and consistently archive shipments.
- View UPS Customs Brokerage data online in a customizable format
- View clearance document images, including the Commercial Invoice and Entry Summary Customs Form 7501
- Upload product catalog information
- Request a CD-ROM of up to five years of historical clearance document images
- E-mail UPS Customs Brokerage regarding the status of specific shipments or to inquire about previously rated shipments
PARTICULARLY USEFUL IN "PRIMARY FOCUS INDUSTRIES" IDENTIFIED BY U.S. CUSTOMS
While these tools can provide a competitive advantage for almost any company engaged in cross-border shipping, they are particularly useful for manufacturers and retailers in what U.S. Customs and Border Protection (US CBP) has identified as Primary Focus Industries.
US CBP has targeted specific industries to be scrutinized due to value of merchandise, or history of classification errors. These Primary Focus Industries include: apparel, automotive, electronics, footwear, high tech, medical equipment, pharmaceutical, and textiles.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.