UPS helps federal agencies maximize efficiencies, streamline processes, advance sustainability goals and deliver new levels of service through their supply chains.
As a long-time GSA-awarded contractor, UPS has a history of working with federal agencies. Specifically, we help federal agencies gain advantages through their supply chains in the following areas:
- UPS provides the broadest range of air and ground small package and freight services so that customers can meet time-sensitive needs while choosing the most efficient form of transportation
- UPS automated shipping reduces repeated data entry, enables online air bill creation, and provides centralized control and customizable user access
- Electronic billing and filing accelerates cash flow by simplifying the analysis and allocation of charges
- UPS customized reporting allows agencies to easily track spending to improve accountability, identify trends and eliminate redundancies
- UPS has more than 3,100 alternative-fuel/technology fleet vehicles, carbon-neutral shipping and paperless billing options to support agency green initiatives
- A verified third party tracks and analyzes the carbon footprint of UPS customers’ shipments
- A recognized leader in sustainable logistics, UPS’s commitment to transparency means enabling agency compliance with Executive Order 13514 and lowering scope 3 emissions, which are reported in customers’ shipping calculations
- UPS scored 99 out of 100 on the 2013 Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index
- Technology & Visibility
- Free and easy-to-use UPS shipping and tracking software provides 100% visibility of shipments which reduces status calls and increases agency satisfaction
- A single technology platform interface covers all transportation modes
- In-transit visibility improves time management and flexibility with proactive notification of key shipping benchmarks from pickup to delivery
- UPS provides on-site training and support for technology solutions
- Cost Management
- Under DDS2, UPS rates are up to 25% below current GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) rates
- Deliver more than 16.3 million shipments daily, servicing more than 220 countries and territories
- Ground fleet of nearly 100,000 vehicles, with more than 2,600 of those alternative fuel or advanced technology
- Operate one of the world's largest airlines, flying 982 international flight segments daily and serving more than 346 international airports
- More than 811 distribution facilities in 120 countries, exceeding 33.5 million square feet of warehouse space
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.