More cities added in China and Europe enable greater access to alternative shipping options for UPS customers
UPS (NYSE:UPS) announced today the addition of six stations to its Preferred full and less-than-container load (FCL and LCL) multimodal rail service between Europe and China. The additional stations will give customers moving goods on the world’s largest trade lane more options to reduce supply chain costs and better balance cost/time-in-transit requirements.
Changsha, Chongqing, Suzhou and Wuhan Stations were added in China to the existing stations of Zhengzhou and Chengdu. In Europe stops in Duisburg, Germany and Warsaw, Poland were added to the existing stops of Lodz, Poland and Hamburg, Germany.
“Our China-Europe rail services can save customers up to 65% versus air freight and improve time-in-transit by 40% versus traditional ocean freight service,” said Cindy Miller, president of UPS Global Freight Forwarding. “By giving our customers more options to balance cost and speed of delivery, UPS is committed to helping businesses in China and Europe succeed and expand.”
The four new Chinese stations were chosen for their close proximity to provincial industrial manufacturing, commercial and cultural centers in interior China.
In Europe, Duisburg is in the heart of the industrial Ruhr area of Germany and provides access to river, rail, road and air transport. The new Warsaw stop serves Poland, a growing economy in the European Union which is a center for e-commerce fulfillment, research & development and industrial manufacturing.
UPS China-Europe Rail service also offers the following features:
- Full Service Offering of both FCL and LCL moved in both directions between China and Europe.
- Security: Closed circuit TV monitoring during train transition, seal management, alarms, and optional GPS container tracking.
- Temperature Control: Thermal liners, pallet covers, and diesel-powered reefer (heated) containers are available options designed to protect more sensitive cargo.
- Simplified Clearance: Customs clearance limited to China and European import/export countries. UPSTM systems are electronically linked to customs authorities, reducing the risk of errors and speeding up the clearance processes.
- Sustainability: Rail service emits 25 times less CO2 than air freight. Rail also emits significantly less nitrogen oxide, non-methane hydrocarbon and sulfur dioxide than ocean transportation.
- End-to-end Visibility: FlexTM Global View enables visibility into shipment status and critical milestones as they occur.
UPS offers a fully integrated air, ground, sea and rail network allowing its customers to simplify their supply chains by using fewer carriers and adapt their transportation requirements and expenditures as their businesses evolve
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including transporting packages and freight; facilitating international trade, and deploying advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. UPS was awarded America’s Best Customer Service company for Shipping and Delivery services by Newsweek magazine; Forbes Most Valuable Brand in Transportation; and top rankings on the JUST 100 list for social responsibility, the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, and the Harris Poll Reputation Quotient, among other prestigious rankings and awards. The company can be found on the web at ups.com or pressroom.ups.com and its corporate blog can be found at longitudes.ups.com. The company’s sustainability eNewsletter, UPS Horizons, can be found at ups.com/sustainabilitynewsletter. To get UPS news direct, follow @UPS_News on Twitter. To ship with UPS, visit ups.com/ship.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.