San Diego, CA
From packing and shipping to printing and winning prizes, The UPS Store handles every “ing” for your holiday needs
With shopping, decorating and more, the holidays are filled with many “ings.” As consumers prepare for the busy holiday season,The UPS Store reminds customers that its network of more than 5,000 stores in North America can take care of any “ing” for the holidays, including packing and shipping.
“Whether it’s helping to design and send greeting cards, packing gifts, or receiving packages, The UPS Store serves as a one-stop shop that can handle every customer’s holiday needs,” said Judy Milner, The UPS Store, Inc. vice president of franchise operations. “We are ready to help consumers tackle the hustle and bustle of this busy season.”
This holiday season, consumers are expected to spend more money on gifts than last year, with a majority planning to shop online. Because of an anticipated increase in e-commerce, small businesses and consumers will likely require additional help packing and shipping gifts and other items.
To help consumers manage all the “ings” of the holidays, The UPS Store recommends the following tips.
- Know your shipping options and deadlines. Most UPS® Ground packages require five days or less to reach their destination, but when shipping coast-to-coast, it may take longer. Unexpected weather can also create delays. This year, Christmas falls on a Tuesday, so shipping last-minute the prior week may require a premium service for delivery by Friday, Dec. 21 or Monday, Dec. 24. Here are other dates to remember:
- Tuesday, Dec. 18: Last day to ship UPS 3 Day Select® service for packages to be delivered before Christmas Day.
- Thursday, Dec. 20: Last day to ship UPS 2nd Day Air® packages for delivery on Christmas Eve.
- Friday, Dec. 21: Last day to ship UPS Next Day Air® packages for delivery on Christmas Eve.
- Pack with care. Planning to pack your own gifts before shipping? The UPS Store recommends you use at least two inches of packaging material on each side of the item. Use a new, sturdy box with rigid corners to provide protection, and use packing tape on all package seams. Avoid string and wrapping paper on the outside of packages, and avoid packing with masking, cellophane or duct tape. Lastly, make sure the sender’s and recipient’s addresses are visible both inside and outside of the package.
- Delegate packing to The UPS Store Certified Packing Experts® staff. If you’re packing an unusually-shaped gift or a fragile item, remember that many The UPS Store® center associates are trained in packing techniques to help packages arrive intact.
- Send packages to The UPS Store. Get peace of mind by having your packages shipped to a secured location. The UPS Store centers can receive and store your online shopping orders and holiday gifts until you’re ready to pick them up. Reach out to your local The UPS Store location for more details.
- Use The UPS Store for other holiday needs. Need your holiday cards printed and mailed? Or need a personalized gift designed, such as a custom calendar? Don’t forget that many The UPS Store® locations offer services such as printing, design, notary and the use of computer workstations.
Additionally, for a chance to win early holiday gifts, The UPS Store is hosting a festive multi-day holiday gift promotion on Facebook. Tune into The UPS Store on Facebook live for the annual 5 Days of Giftmas.* From Dec. 10 – Dec. 14, The UPS Store Facebook live stream will feature different sized boxes with mystery items packed inside. Clues will be displayed on the screen and the Facebook fan who guesses the gift wins, just in time for Christmas.
When visiting The UPS Store for every “ing” for the holidays, add giving back to the list by making a donation to the Toys for Tots® Literacy Program in the designated boxes at participating The UPS Store® locations. This program offers the nation’s most economically disadvantaged children the ability to succeed in life by providing them direct access to books and educational resources that enhance their ability to read and communicate effectively. Every donation to the Toys for Tots Literacy Program helps place a book into the hands of a less fortunate child.
In celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Toys for Tots Literacy Program, The UPS Store is also giving away $10,000 worth of books obtained by the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation from Scholastic. to 10 non-profit organizations across the country that help children in need with reading materials and other literacy resources.
The UPS Store® Literacy Recognition Program is open to organizations formed and operated for charitable or educational purposes that qualify as non-profit organizations in the United States (e.g., 501(c)3 entity). Nominations may be submitted by any person that is a legal resident of the United States and 18 years of age or older and provides contact information. Limit one (1) nomination per household. Void where prohibited. Promotion begins 12:00:00 am PT 10/8/18 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PT on 12/15/18. Each nominated organization selected by a judging panel to receive a prize award will receive $10,000 worth of books obtained by the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation from Scholastic (ARV: $10,000). Sponsored by The UPS Store, Inc., 6060 Cornerstone Court West, San Diego, CA 92121-3795.
For complete official rules and to nominate an organization visit www.theupsstore.com/bookgiveaway. For more information on how to donate to the program, visit www.theupstore.com/literacy.
* For Sweepstakes Promotion: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Open only to legal residents of 50 US states and D.C., 18 and older (or age of majority). Begins 12/10/18 and ends 12/14/18. Total of five (5) daily sweepstakes, occurring between 2:00 pm ET and 2:40 pm ET each day. To participate, access live video on The UPS Store Facebook Page during daily sweepstakes. Must have valid Facebook account and “like” The UPS Store Facebook page to participate. First entrant who correctly identifies mystery prize description, as determined by Sponsor, will be potential winner of that prize, subject to verification. Five (5) prizes offered each daily sweepstakes. Total of 25 prizes. ARV of each mystery prize ranges from $15-$598. Total ARV of all prizes is $4,805.98. Limit one prize per person. Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Odds of winning depend on number and quality of eligible submissions received during each daily sweepstakes. Subject to applicable laws. Void where prohibited by law. See official rules, available at 222.theupsstore.com/giftmas, for details and terms of second chance drawing. Winners’ names (after 12/28/18) and official rules available upon request by mail to: Five Days of Giftmas Sweepstakes, c/o Erwin Penland LLC, 110 E. Court Street, Suite 400, Greenville, SC 29601. Sponsor: The UPS Store, Inc., 6060 Cornerstone Court West, San Diego, CA 92121-3795.
To find the nearest The UPS Store location, visit theupsstore.com.
About The UPS Store
With approximately 5,000 locations across North America, The UPS Store® network comprises the nation’s largest franchise system of retail shipping, postal, print and business service centers. The UPS Store locations in the U.S. are independently owned and operated by licensed franchisees of The UPS Store, Inc., a subsidiary of UPS (NYSE: UPS). Services, products, pricing and hours of operation may vary by location. For additional information on The UPS Store, visit theupsstore.com.
In 2018, The UPS Store ranked #4 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 and #1 in the Postal & Business Centers category for the 28th consecutive year. For information on franchise opportunities for opening a The UPS Store location, visit https://www.theupsstorefranchise.com/. Follow The UPS Store on Twitter at @TheUPSStore and like The UPS Store on Facebook at facebook.com/theupsstore.
We are processing your speaker request.
We have received your request for a UPS speaker. We will be contacting you shortly to cofirm event details and try to work out a successful speaking engagement. Thanks very much for your request.
We have received your request for UPS email updates.
Thank you for subscribing to receive email updates from UPS. You have been added to the UPS press release email distribution list and can expect to begin receiving UPS news within 1 or 2 business days.